#VintageGalsMake May 2019 Update

 Alright, darlings, it's time to see some of our progress, and I am so proud! Our deadline is a month away, and already you have done so much...
I'm starting off with our very first gal to show her project, Ms Christine. She is working on an 18th century outfit, from the undergarments outward! She is doing an incredible job, especially considering she is also going to college and studying up on historically accurate ways of sewing her dress at the same time. This will be a masterpiece when finished!
Next is Ms Kristy-Rae with her super groovy 60's dress. That is the perfect fabric for the pattern! And just look at those great buttons. Plus, I'm really wanting some glasses like hers!
And here is the adorable jacket that she made her son...I am seriously envious of the little guy ;). She said she may even create one for her hubby so that they could match!
Ms Deb decided to create a bolero jacket like one she saw in a sweet old movie, and it is fantastic! Look at those buttonholes...
Then she turned her hand to a little top and some tap pants out of this great floral print. Now I need tap pants...
Ms. Tamera decided to join us, and made this gorgeous creation just in the nick of time to go to Las Vegas for a festival. Isn't that dress just beautiful? And with the veiling and gloves it is amazing!
My moma, Judy, made this dress from a pattern she had been looking at for a long while. It is the perfect farm dress, and I told her she looks adorable when she's worn it!
I finished the farmdress I had been needing and have already worn it tons.
And I have my second one cut out. But the wedding is next weekend, and I am making the wedding cake and...I know- excuses, excuses. I am determined to finish this one for our challenge.
Here is Ms Angie with her 30's Hooverette dress in that delicious feedsack fabric.
And she ran right out and bought the pattern that my moma used in her dress, she loved it so much! Here it is made from a vintage sheet and finished with two colors and sizes of rickrack. I'm in love...
There are also those out there who are wanting to sew, but perhaps haven't had that spot of time. I know that Ms Raquel is planning a Victorian outfit and can't wait to see it! Are you all still out there, busily sewing away? Or are you back in a rut? We still have another month to build up steam and make/or finish something more. I have to say, you ladies have awed and inspired me! Thank you so much for joining me in this. Can't wait to see what you come up with next!

If there are any other Dear Readers out there who would like to join in, our deadline for the challenge is JUNE 15th. Drop me comment if you would like to tag along with this group of amazing ladies!






Comments

  1. I am loving the inspiration all the ladies are giving me! And the wide variety of choices everyone is making! Such fun! Like a quilting bee only not😂

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, such lovely dresses. I'm really looking forward to her finishing the 18th century dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, isn't it going to be incredible?! She bought 10 yards of fabric to make it- just wow! :)

      Delete
  3. Everyone is doing such a bang up job on their projects! Sadly, I have not had the time :( I am definitely hoping to get a few things made before the deadline, but if not, perhaps there will be another challenge sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely understand! There have been several times at the end of the day that I have gone into the room with my cut out dress and been wanting to sew on it. But I am tired and decide to read in bed and go to sleep instead! ;) There will be another one, one I'm very excited about! But it will have to wait a while...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hey, sugar, I'd love to hear from you! If, for some odd reason, this won't let you comment, please send me a message at mssamwearsdresses@gmail.com. Thanks a ton!

Popular Posts