Vintage Look- 1950's Black Rose Wrap Dress

Wow, can you believe the lushness behind me?! It was bare trees with only daffodils just the other day, and now I am standing in a green jungle... Just pulling your leg. These were taken at the end of last summer and I never posted them. You probably didn't notice, but there was no Vintage Look last week. Bad me. I haven't had the opportunity, or presence of mind, to take pictures of what I have been wearing in this transitional period of winter folding into spring. So you get a summer throw-back ;)
This dress was one of my very first on-line purchases. It got it for a great price because it has some staining at the top of the left shoulder. I loved it anyway, and have worn it for years without anyone noticing the marks unless I point them out. It is a pretty busy print!
The above picture is less sun-faded, so you can see that the background is a greyish hue, with roses outlined in black and centered with pink. In the upper pictures you see that the front collar and pocket are rimmed in aqua. What you can't see very well is that these are decorated with black metal studs for decoration. As a 80's gal I remember the fad of studding jeans and jackets and anything that would stand still. It tickles me that they were starting this trend so far back.
This dress is a super comfy wrap with a strap that goes through a hole in one side and ties.
And here is a close-up of the fabric- such a great 50's novelty print! And there is a line of those fantastic black metal studs that also accent the collar. Such a fun and unusual dress, and one that gets lots of comments. So you got a Vintage Look for this week, Dear Reader, just one that is a little too chilly for the weather at the moment. I can't wait till I can throw my aqua sweater over this and wear it in 2019!

Comments

  1. Haha, you had me believing you there for a minute silly girl! 😂 dont you just love wrap dresses? I do😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After a winter of taking pictures in my darkened cave, it will be blissful to stand out in the green again! Soon, I tell myself...

      Delete
  2. This is such a beautiful dress, I remember the wrap dress's you look lovely.
    Thank-you for sharing.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words! Hope you come visit again :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for your sharing. You look very elegant when you put on this dress.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey, sugar, I'd love to hear from you! If, for some odd reason, this won't let you comment, please send me a message at mssamwearsdresses@gmail.com. Thanks a ton!

Popular Posts