Vintage Look- 40's High Waist Pants and Harlequin Sweater


 Fill your little eyeballs, Dear Reader, 'cause here are two things you're rarely gonna see-- me in pants, and my hair straight.

 I own two pairs of pants. This replica pair of high waist pants made from a 1940's pattern, and a vintage 1950's pair of navy wool Navy pants (no pun intended) that have the super cool anchor buttons that close the front and lacings in the back. That's it. And they don't get worn very often.
 First off, people may look at other folks strangely if they wear vintage. People look strangely at me if I wear pants. It can take a while, but once they realize what is "wrong" with me, they have to ask. The general answer is, I was afraid it would be too cold.
The stance that April and I have is scarily similar...
 Not that I wear pants throughout the winter. No, I wear wool skirts, wool tights, wool sweaters, wool coats. I support sheep, ya'll ;).
 There are just certain times my tiny brain equates cold with pants. Going to see my youngest son drag race on a windy flat in Missouri was one of these times. So I threw these pants on with a modern Goodwill sweater in very vintage-looking Harlequin pattern and colors. I have plenty of vintage style shoes that would have matched more nicely, but I opted for these Jambu heeled oxfords. I have mentioned this brand of shoes before. I wear them for work a lot, and wore my Jambu sandals all through Paris. I figured these would be good for walking through gravel.
 This outfit and a corduroy jacket kept me toasty for three hours of drag racing. That sounds like a lot, but it went so fast (and they went so fast!), and it was so fun, that I couldn't believe we were there that long. I have always loved loud, fast cars. If they are also pre-1950's I swoon.
William Cole was racing for the very first time. He got more confident in every single run, and ended up with a best of 12.3 seconds and 108 mph. I was so proud!! It was very cool because that track has been open since 1962, and my dad went there in '64 and '65. And they announced that there was going to be a Vintage Hot Rod run near my birthday!! I would love to go back and see the races with mostly vintage cars...it may even call for a pair of pants ;)

Wonder why I rarely wear pants? I tell you all about it in Ms Sam Wears Dresses. And remember, Sugar, no matter the location or the weather-

Comments


  1. Jenny has left a new comment on your post "Vintage Look- 40's High Waist Pants and Harlequin ...":

    I have always wanted to go to that track! What fun. Way to go William Cole.

    And as always, you look adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey, sugar, I'd love to hear from you! If, for some odd reason, this won't let you comment, please send me a message at mssamwearsdresses@gmail.com. Thanks a ton!

Popular Posts