Vintage Look- 60's Peach Pointelle top and Pleated Skirt


I originally got this 1960's set to wear for my son's recent wedding. I was looking for something nice enough for the occasion, yet also cool and comfortable for an outdoor event in June. This skirt and top set were a great price, and I love the pale color. But I just wasn't sure about it. I was worried that when I bent down to cut the cake, or pick up drinks, that the top would ride up. I figured I was better off wearing something I already had and was confident in.
I then thought that I would resell this outfit. But curiosity got the better of me. And I wore it and loved it! I am not a fan of pleated skirts, but this one is so soft and swingy, not stiff and awkward like some I have tried.
The top has very little shape, following the more boxy lines of the 60's, but the tie gives it a peplum effect that I like.
And I wore it with some of my very favorite vintage earrings. I'll show you a close up in a moment. First there's one of the top. I love the open pointelle weave of the fabric. Beautiful and cool. And aren't the little pearlescent shell-shaped buttons perfect? If you are thinking I have a very pink nose and cheeks, then you would be right. The heat index was right at a 100 degrees that day!
And here are the earrings- they are a great pair of vintage clip-ons. The petals are metal, covered with a furry velvet-like texture, with brass stamen around a central pearl. They are big, but manage to seem delicate at the same time.
You probably haven't noticed, but I haven't been keeping up with my weekly Vintage Looks. Summer is so busy, and while I love to take pictures when I am baking, I don't always think of getting pictures when I am actually dressed to go out. Of course, you may be tired of seeing outfits, and were breathing a sigh of relief ;). I'm lucky to get the time to do two posts a week right now. But that doesn't mean I'm tired of chatting with you, Dear Reader! Far from it, hearing from you makes my day all the brighter...

Comments

  1. So cute! I really like the pearl buttons on this top.

    I follow along, looking forward to and enjoying your visits to my inbox! But thought...she may wish to hear from us once in a while :) So, thought I'd pop over here to your website. Summer sure can be a busy crush of chores, gardening, putting up, family etc... We are thankful you have taken the time to visit with us when you have a moment.

    Have a very blessed day! - Kath

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Ms. Kath, and can I just say that it delights me that you took the time to sent me a note! You are right, I adore hearing from the sweet folks who read my ramblings. It makes me feel that I am writing to friends. And thank you for your kind remarks- pretty buttons make me smile. And bless you for letting me know you are out there reading. Now you will be another "friend" that I envision as I write :)

      Delete
  2. I had noticed fewer vintage posts but I also know how busy you've been!

    Pink cheeks or not these may be some of my favorite pictures of your beautiful smile. I think I like what you wore to the wedding more than this though this is pretty. I love the ear rings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sweet friend! I don't usually show teeth when I smile in pictures, but my boys also encourage me to "smile for real". And that means lots of teeth ;). I'm glad you like what I wore to the wedding. I've had that dress forever and felt comfortable in it. I keep telling myself I need to make a point of wearing more of my vintage earrings- they are so fun!

      Delete
  3. I enjoy seeing your Vintage Look posts. You always look so wonderful and I love learning about vintage clothing and accessories. Your earrings are beautiful and go so well with this outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad! I love seeing other people's vintage clothing, simply because they are often one of a kind, and I find that interesting. Thank you for your kind words!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hey, sugar, I'd love to hear from you! If, for some odd reason, this won't let you comment, please send me a message at mssamwearsdresses@gmail.com. Thanks a ton!

Popular Posts