Vintage Look- 1950's Black and Yellow Sundress


I have worn this little 1950's sundress to death! It is so comfortable and light, it's the perfect thing for summer. And, look, pockets! ;)
It's handmade, and someone did a sweet job of rimming the pockets and neckline with trim and then inserting handmade ribbon that you can pull to gather the pockets and neck.
I am wearing a clip-on pair of my great-granny's earrings. They are made of a half sphere that had flowers painted on, then a fine layer of minuscule glass beads baked on top. It's set into a metal base that grips all the way around. Even everyday jewelry was made so well, back in the day.
The fabric of the dress is so fun- black, yellow, and purple. A combination I would never think of, but look how well Granny's earrings matched it!
I think half the joy of vintage, especially handmade, is that you can find things that delight you and you know that there is not another one anywhere else. 


The styles and cloth and embellishments delight me, and that is why I love to share them with you, Dear Reader. Do you have an interesting or unique piece of clothing you delight in? I'd love to see it!

Comments

Popular Posts