Vintage Look- Green and Navy Plaid 40's dress


 It's been a long while since a Vintage Look! This was meant to done for last weekend, but it didn't happen. I found this dress at the beginning of summer and have been excited to finally wear it. It went to work at the Spoon last week (sans hat ;), and then to church on Sunday.
 It may seem strange to you that I bought it way back before I could wear it, but it seems to work that way for me. I find the best deals on things I love out-of-season. Case in point, I just bought a new summer frock to wear on my trip to Paris in May...Shhhhh! I got an amazing deal on it, but for now (with snow flakes falling this morning), I will just have to make googly-eyes at it in my closet.
 This little lovely was the same. I am a sucker for plaid tartan in any form, and this has the greatest colors! I also loved the addition of the mustard yellow corduroy on the collar, cuffs, and buttons. I'm not a real fan of the color, but it works so well with this! I don't know if you can see the little triangle of fabric in the V of the neck. It went just a little too low for me, and luckily I was able to fold up the collar facing and tack it to make a "modesty panel" :).
This color combination made me remember a 50's hat that I had in a box to sell. Mustard is definitely not my color, but how could I resist its bow and jaunty little feather when it matched my dress?? It's always fun to have a long-awaited treat stashed away that you are excited to wear. 


Here you go, Dear Reader, a lovely close-up of detailing and hat. Anything that makes winter more cheerful is a plus in my book! Do you have any winter outfits that make a jaunt into the cold less traumatic?

Comments

  1. This dress is adorable...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! It lifted my spirits to wear it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! I, too, am a sucker for plaid (and polka dots...my favorite!) and that little bit of mustard is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, sugar! Plaid, polka dots, and gingham- I could just live in those :)

      Delete
  4. Oooh, the forties were so classy. What a great find - worth waiting to wear for sure. I love the tailored details. Glad you nabbed it 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a classy time, wasn't it? And I jumped on it like a chicken on a June bug-ha! ;)

      Delete
  5. I love how you have styled the mustard hat to bring out the colour in the dress. Its so classy.

    Deneale | Goldfields Girl
    www.goldfieldsgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, sugar! I popped over to your blog, and followed. What lovely pictures, and sweet family! One of the first photos I saw was of the beautiful wisteria framing your back porch. I had to laugh, because the hubby and I just had to use a backhoe to rip mine out before it ate the farm! But that didn't stop me from having nostalgic pangs at seeing how beautiful yours is ;).
      Thanks for the visit!

      Delete
  6. I love the Style, you look so adorable and classy. Mustard Colour cap is one from the accessories for 50s style dresses, but it goes with your Plaid and looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words! Have a lovely day :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hey, sugar, I'd love to hear from you! If, for some odd reason, this won't let you comment, please send me a message at mssamwearsdresses@gmail.com. Thanks a ton!

Popular Posts