Vintage Look- 60's Rainbow Pleated Skirt

I admit it. I have a love/hate affair with this skirt. It has the most amazing colors in it, but it is also almost dizzying in its pattern. It fits me perfectly, but I've never been super crazy about pleats. Yet here we are, because when you find a perfect vintage wool skirt at Goodwill that fits, you bring it home.
Looking at it this way, it feels like its one of those shifting kaleidoscopes. Except I'm wearing it...yeah, trippy.
I've had this since last winter and not worn it. Every color you can think of is in it, yet nothing seems to really go with it. So I decided to just pick a neutral blue sweater. For the bottom half it was harder. Blue tights, tan shoes? Nude hose, brown shoes? I'm not certain that the cream tights are right for it, but I wanted to wear these shoes. Below is another option it tried. But my hubby HATES all my crazy colored tights so, ya know.


I figured, I just need to wear this thing or get rid of it already! Said as I sit here petting it like a technicolor kitty cat. Sheesh, I'm pathetic. So anyhoo. I wore to town like the picture above. Then I wore it to work at the Spoon with the cream tights, but traded out the cream heeled shoes for my super comfy brown oxfords that I wore with my tan suit. That also looked a bit weird, but what can you do?
I told you I'm trying to remember to wear at least one piece of vintage jewelry per outfit. This one is an adorable 40's horseshoe pin. I got it on Emma Street in Springdale, at a great little flea called The Cellar Door. The owner is a sweetheart and she has great things at great prices. This little beaut was $1! If you are in the neighborhood drop in and see what she has.
Looking down, my hose and shoes don't seem so odd. Maybe that's the right perspective to keep in mind- how things look to your own eyes, and not to those looking at you. What do you think, Dear Reader? Is the skirt worth keeping and trying to get it right, or should I let it go and perhaps pass on to someone who would have just the right accompaniment to make it sing? Sometimes you have to let something go and just imagine how happy it will make someone else... :)

Comments

  1. I really like the second version...that sweater, the colored tights and brown oxfords just seem to make it!!! Who cares if the hubby likes colored tights or not...he's not wearing them (baaahaaahaaa). No matter what you wear, you are beautiful. Love you, moma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, moma! But you know how I envision things- now I can't get the image of Duane wearing my blue tights out of my head...it makes me laugh so hard!

      Delete
  2. Keep the skirt! You could wear it every day with something different it really is nice, and its WOOL! Since I have gotten sheep of my own now, I have a new love affair with wool. It is the most fabulous feeling, like a hug or something warm and cozy! As long as it's not next to your skin lol. What about a brown sweater to match the brown shoes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wool is so great! This one is not lined since it's newer, but I always wear slips anyway. And a good spritz of Static Guard ;), I hate to be all crackly and clingy! I'm going to try some other things, and I do have a brown sweater. I just haven't found a combo I love yet...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hey, sugar, I'd love to hear from you! If, for some odd reason, this won't let you comment, please send me a message at mssamwearsdresses@gmail.com. Thanks a ton!

Popular Posts