I'm alive!

So, Dear Reader, after more than a week of nothing but white static coming from my page, I am back. I may have dragged myself here by my lips, but I am back to Blog-landia. What happened to me you ask? Stranded in the desert? Attacked by rabid weasels? Hidden away by Witness Protection for those who share recipes with too many calories? Oh, sugar, it's been so much more than any of that!

The day of my last post HERE , I was finishing up a three layer wedding cake and decorating for my youngest son's wedding. Sunday, June 26th was the big day. It was absolutely beautiful and filled with happiness! I still haven't seen all the pictures from it yet, but here is one I took of the blushing bride and smitten groom.
Monday I cleaned up from said wedding and had a teeny-tiny amount of emotional mood swings. And then I went to bed early because of had JURY DUTY the next day. The twelve of us spent a day listening to two sides of a story, with all of us knowing that each side was fibbing in increments both big and small. Then we had the distinction of being the first Benton County jury to be taken down into the basement (still sequestered!) for  tornado warning. Our day ran so late that we went back on Wednesday. I never knew you could be so tired from nothing but sitting and listening to people argue for hours upon hours.

Thursday I cleaned and cooked and got ready for my friend Angie (A Very Vintage Farmgirl) to arrive from Tennessee. This was also the day that my honeymooners returned home to stay with me until their apartment is ready to be moved into. On Friday, I went to work and then rushed home to try to make a nice dinner for my still-to-be-met friend. You see, Angie and I first talked when she began reading posts that I wrote for a homeschool curriculum company. Then she started reading this blog, and through comments and messages we became real friends. I had always envied those girls in old novels who had pen pals and would later get to meet them. For me, my blog is like a diary of events that I share with you, Dear Reader. And when you comment, and I get to know you, it feels like we are just old-fashioned pen pals communicating in a new medium. But the excitement and anxiety of meeting this pal was just as real as in days of yore. I shouldn't have been nervous, Angie is just as sweet and dear as I knew she would be. She came with her hubby and daughter and we had a lovely evening. And she came with the best hostess gift ever- perennials that I can plant in my garden to remember her by! Now ask me if either of us thought to get pictures of our grand meeting (eye roll)...
On Saturday we met up and went to Junk Ranch to see my moma's booth and to scout the place for goodies. Angie came with her nest egg and proceeded to get tons of treasures to take back to Tennessee to add vintage flair to her home. It was so lovely meeting her and spending time with her family! Now she says it is Duane's turn to take me out to see her :)
Such a whirlwind week of nerves, happiness, and excitement! Now that all my babies are married, I feel I should make a post celebrating all three of their very special weddings. And I have about a million things to tell you about that have been happening alongside all this! Those are the posts I shall work on next, dearie, this one was just to reassure you that I am indeed alive. Oh dear, that made me think of the old black and white movie about Frankenstein where the mad doctor cries, "It's aliiiive!!" I'll leave you with that thought... ;)


Comments

  1. Goodness! What a whirlwind!

    What fun to get to meet a blogging friend as well. Does Angie have a blog we can check out?

    I LOVE the pictures. I can't wait to see more wedding pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again for helping me cut cake at the wedding, dear friend! It was so fun to get to meet Angie in person! She does not have a blog at this time, but has though about trying. I will let you know if she does! I'm excited to see all the wedding photos also :)

      Delete
  2. So glad to hear things are well with you, Ms Sam! I was beginning to worry. It certainly sounds as if you have been busy :) Congratulations to the happy couple!

    It is amazing how tired you can get from just sitting, isn't it? You would think it would be restful, but it is not! Especially if you are listening to arguing! I hope the tornado warning was just a warning and that you and the rest of the jury were able to separate fact from fiction and make sure justice was served.

    How wonderful that you were able to meet a friend! It certainly looks like you had a marvelous time! What a wonderful idea to give perennials, too. So thoughtful.

    I can not wait to hear about the rest of your adventures, but first, take a rest. You've earned it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, you are so sweet to even notice my absence! And thank you for the well-wishes for the married couple. I really was glad to have had jury duty by the time we were through. It was an amazing process and I was so very proud of our hard work! I was in a group with 11 strangers and we worked together so well, and everyone was respectful of the others ideas. And I was staggered by the fact that it was left up to us to determine the amount of reparation a woman was to receive from the city! We were unanimous on both articles of our case, and the judge looked at the papers twice and then asked if that was right. She seemed very surprised that all 12 of us could come to agreement on such a complex case- made me very proud!

      Delete
  3. Oh how wonderful that you were able to meet your friend in “real life!” And a friend who shows up with perennials is a true friend indeed!!!! Looks like a lovely wedding—so happy for your son and his bride! And I truly have been wondering what you were up to. Every now and then, my daughter (the one with the long strawberry blonde hair!) has been commenting “Ms. Sam would like this!”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was so much fun! And a new friend who shows up with flowers must know you pretty well already. The wedding was lovely and I can't wait to see all the pics so I can share them with you. Thank you for noticing I had "gone missing" :)! And that is just so sweet that your daughter says that! I guess she reads the blog also? What a sweetheart!

      Delete
  4. WOW! I'm emotionally and physically exhausted for you! So much excitement for one week to hold! Congratulations to the beautiful couple! And, congratulations to you for gaining another daughter!!!! I can't wait to see the posts about all of their weddings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! The hubby and I always said we were going to have at least 7 kids, and now we are up to 6 ;). I am so blessed with all three of my daughters, they are a joy to me! I will put up more pictures as soon as I have them. I am anxious to see all of them too!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hey, sugar, I'd love to hear from you! If, for some odd reason, this won't let you comment, please send me a message at mssamwearsdresses@gmail.com. Thanks a ton!

Popular Posts