Down Our Road by Mary Mullen April 1974




My scanner is still being ridiculous and so you have to make do with terrible pictures. But you get the idea- my Great Granny was a hoot! I loved her so, so much...And if you are wondering what was happening in April of 1974 to make her worry for our country- it was the time of Watergate. It's always something, isn't it? No matter the nation or the time, man has been in turmoil since creation. As my Grandma Tommie used to say, "It's always something. If it's not, you're dead." I was blessed to have colorful ancestors :)

Comments

  1. The older I get the less I worry about what is happening in the world...Mary is right...there will always be something. So I try to deal with my own troubles, enjoy my blessings & be a good example...which is why I'm such a homebody. If I were out very much my good example would be ruined!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You make me laugh, Ms Jenny! You are such a sweetheart, you don't have to worry about anything! But as one homebody to another, it's a lot easier to concentrate our your own business, and blessings, at home :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hey, sugar, I'd love to hear from you! If, for some odd reason, this won't let you comment, please send me a message at mssamwearsdresses@gmail.com. Thanks a ton!

Popular Posts