Vintage Look- 50's look blue sweater and Lucite Earrings

This outfit is so comfortable, toasty, and it give me the blues...in a good way! The skirt and sweater are both from Goodwill. The skirt is vintage 70's, and the sweater is modern, but it is made exactly like a true vintage 50's sweater that I have put back to sell. The cute, yarn, color, everything is the same. I was just astounded at my good fortune in finding this. Especially since I was selling the vintage one because the wool irritated my sensitive skin.
I wasn't sure of the shoes to pair with this. I could have worn my pale blue heels, but I was wanting more of a 50's winter look that would have been paired with fur trimmed snowboots, or tights with leather brogue loafers. But I have these heeled oxford style Jambu shoes I got to work at the restaurant, and I decided that would have to do until I could think of something better.
I also got to pair it with some earrings that have been in a box forever. I literally have had them so long that I'm not sure where they came from. Perhaps some of my Great Aunt Jessie's stuff that I just tucked away. I had never really cared for them. Isn't it funny how tastes change? I always thought they were clunky and garish, until I started looking at 50's Lucite and seeing how fun it was. That's when I dug these out. They have the greatest foil-looking confetti suspended inside.
And as long as I was going full-on 50's I figured it couldn't hurt to throw in the Scottie dog pin I found at Junk Ranch for $1. I think it is so cute, and when I wore it to the restaurant last, multiple people called me Peggy. Even some who know me- ha!
So this the skirt and sweater cost me $4 each, the earrings were free, and the pin was a buck. Nothing like having a fun outfit for under $10! And it is comfy enough to wear all day long (shoes included). What do you think? A year ago I would have gagged slightly and put the earrings back in the box. And wearing someone else's name on your chest is kind of odd. Would you wear either one, or are you going to leave all the weird attire up to me? ;)

Comments

  1. I love the outfit. You wear it so well. I really like that Scotty Dog pin and think I would wear it and be called Peggy all day with pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you, sweetheart! The Scotty is so fun, and it's good to know another soul would wear it and the name Peggy quite proudly :). Thanks for visiting, and hope you have a lovely day!

      Delete
  2. I love how it all looks together. The ear rings are so beautiful too. I've always thought blue is your best color. You look so lovely.

    I would love to be brave enough to wear those gorgeous ear rings & sweet dog but I like to blend into the back ground too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your always kind comments! I know you and I both love blue and green! And I wish you would wear anything your heart desires, dear friend. You could never blend into the background to me. In fact, you have been foremost as a friend and encourager every since I first met you! {big hugs}

      Delete
  3. You look beautiful!!! Blue is definitely your color. The earrings and "Peggy" are the glamorous touch! I like them both very much. Love you, moma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear moma! Blue is a good color on us both. I love you tons!!

      Delete
  4. I do you hope you and your family are well, Ms Sam! I miss seeing your uplifting and interesting posts. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, dear lady! This year has been very long and hard, and even when I have wanted to write I just haven't had it in me. I am truly hoping to start back up again. I miss chatting with you all! Happy New year to you, and I wish the same for you and your family- big hugs!!

      Delete
  5. Your Blog is so cute and interesting. :) I love vintage jewelry and the vintage look..You have the figure for the vintage outfits too..me, not so much now. :0( .. That Peggy Scottie pin is fabulous. Happy Hunting for your treasures. Love it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, sweetie, your words are so kind! I’m certain you would look absolutely lovely and vintage clothing, but we all need to wear what we feel most comfortable in. I’m terribly sorry for the late reply. The last year and a half have been somewhat overwhelming, and I have let my blog go for all this time. I’m hoping to start back now that the weather is cooling down and I’ll spend more time inside. But thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, and I hope you have a beautiful day💗💗

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hey, sugar, I'd love to hear from you! If, for some odd reason, this won't let you comment, please send me a message at mssamwearsdresses@gmail.com. Thanks a ton!

Popular Posts