Vintage Look- 1950's Pink and Coral Sheath dress by Minx Modes


This 1950's sheath dress was my Easter dress this year, and has been once in years past.
Years back, moma found a lady at Junk Ranch who had bought out a General Store that had closed in the 50's with all the merchandise still inside. She was selling NOS, new old stock, meaning that it was vintage but had never been sold or worn. Moma came home with this dress for me for $14.98!
The top has a unique "false pocket" look, and the sweetest nubby peach buttons that look like berries. And you, lucky Reader, always get pictures that are real-life and un-touched-up. All forehead wrinkles and grinning crows feet are the genuine deal, with no apologies offered ;)
My vintage jewelry was a pair of Lucite pansy earrings from the 50's. The colors were just a match for the dress.
When moma brought this home to me, I wasn't certain it would be a fit. But I guess she knows her baby pretty well to be able to hold it up and just know it was right!
This dress had never been worn and still had the size tag and an envelope with extras of those great buttons! Beside it is the pink slip I wore under it, not vintage, but still lovely.
And this one is to show the amazing detail of the vintage screw-back earrings. The man-made pansy flowers are encased in diamond cut Lucite. I think they are just yummy! And you can see the tantalizing side of a nubby button to the right...

So, do you still wear a special dress for Easter each year? When I was still at home with my folks, I always got a new dress just for the day. Now I wear something that I haven't worn in a while that feels special. And how about a hat? I often wear hats to church, and I usually try to at Easter. This year I had so much going on, that the hat I picked was left on the dresser. What did you wear to celebrate the special day?

Comments

  1. Very pretty, a good color fort your skin color.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello again, Ms Catherine, and thank you so much for your kinds words!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. I am glad you don't touch up wrinkles. I'd love to see more real beauty online that the fake masks that are usually shown.

    I do love this dress. I love the colors & style on you. I did wear a new thrift shop blouse with a long skirt for Easter. Not as dressy as I've done in the past & nothing vintage beyond the body that filled it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, pal! I figure that you can make yourself up to look like someone else, and you can use a computer to erase your wrinkles, but I am much more happy when someone I haven't seen in forever knows me immediately. I'd rather look like myself, wrinkles and all. I bet your Easter outfit was lovely! I still want to take you thrifting with me :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you, dear friend! And, yes, I think moma glows in pink tones and white also :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey, sugar, I'd love to hear from you! If, for some odd reason, this won't let you comment, please send me a message at mssamwearsdresses@gmail.com. Thanks a ton!

Popular Posts