Vintage Look- 1940's Rose Print Wrap Dress

vintage dress
This darling dress is from the 1940's. It's made from flour sacking, and has the most ingenious wrap, making me think of a full apron. 

My son, Seth, send me a post that read, "No woman wearing a dress with pockets will fail to mention that it has pockets upon receiving a compliment on said dress." So, I guess now is the time where I direct your attention to the fact that it has pockets ;)
vintage dress
Here is how it comes together- the two sides of the back wrap across each other. Each has a strap that ends in a button-hole.
vintage dress
One strap goes through a slit in the side, the other simply wraps around.
And then each fastens to the buttons in front. Isn't that clever?
 This dress is so comfy and soft from years of washing. When I wore it to work at the Wooden Spoon, I wore it with these red sandals. I'm always barefoot at home, and when I wear flats they are usually the five dollar kind from Wal-mart. I know, I'm a cheapskate, but then I can have them in every color. When I first started to work at the restaurant, I asked one of the waitresses what kind of shoes she recommended. The shoes I am wearing below were her recommendation; they are by Jambu. I have another similar pair in black and they are very comfortable all day. In fact, I took both pairs of them to Paris with me and they went many, many miles! I found mine on eBay for much cheaper than stores.
Isn't the sky blue with little sprigs of red roses so perfect? And there is one of the buttons that brings the whole dress together. Literally.

I wonder what the lady who made this would think, seeing it worn in 2018? Do you have a vintage dress with a unique cut? I'd love to see it!



Comments

  1. Thank you for sharing your beautiful dresses with us! You have been a ray of sunshine to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless your heart! Thank you for your kind words, you have no idea how they uplift me! I'm glad I could make you smile, please come back and see me :)

      Delete
  2. I know this if off topic but I'm looking into starting my
    own blog and was curious what all is required to get setup?
    I'm assuming having a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny?
    I'm not very web savvy so I'm not 100% certain. Any recommendations or advice would
    be greatly appreciated. Appreciate it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I started this blog just as a outlet to be able to write. The staging site, Blogger or Blogspot, is completely free. It lets you choose different formats and and everything. I know some folks spend lots of money having people make things fancy for them, or have advertisements and all. I am a VERY technologically challenged person and have taught myself everything about doing the blog just by playing with it until I figure it out. I haven't ever spent anything but time on it ;) Hope this helps, and good luck with your own blog. Let me know if you get it up and going!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hey, sugar, I'd love to hear from you! If, for some odd reason, this won't let you comment, please send me a message at mssamwearsdresses@gmail.com. Thanks a ton!

Popular Posts