Vintage Look- 60's Kitschy Housedress


vintage dress
I found this fun early 60's dress at Junk Ranch. I had gone to help moma with her silver booth. When we were all set up, I decided to mosey about the tents before they opened the gates to the people. I only got a couple of yards away when I was hooked by a vintage clothing booth. She had some great items, and quite a few in my size. I tried on several and ended up with two that I adore! Her shop name is Dela DeVille's Vintage, and she has an Etsy shop too. I arrived back at moma's booth just before the gates opened. She said, "Wow! You must have made the rounds to every spot." I pointed out a nearby tent-top, and told her I never got farther than that ;)
vintage dress
The dress is of pure cotton in a very plain housedress style. I don't think it had ever been worn by the sheen of the cloth and how crisp the original tag was. It's a simple style, but what captivated me were the pockets- how kitschy can you get?! It's like wearing a dress that is masquerading as a happy apron.
vintage dress
How could you resist those smiling daisies?
vintage dress
I wear it with a fun pair of turquoise heels that I found for cheap on eBay some years ago. They are quite silly on someone with my size of feet. They make me think of the big "boats" with bows that Minnie Mouse wore in the old cartoons! And yet I still wear them...

I call this my Waitress dress. Doesn't it look like I should have a ticket pad in one pocket and a bunch of paper-wrapped straws in the other? It definitely feels like a "What can I get you, Sugar?" kind of dress.
Everyone should have a fun dress that just makes them smile! 

*Would you like to dress vintage? Then pop on over to my Etsy shop- MsSamWearsDresses . I have a variety of styles and sizes, with more to list all the time!



Comments

  1. Yes! Everyone needs smiling daisies! What a CUTE dress! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to dress vintage! Thnks for your sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can start wearing vintage or vintage inspired! Start out by looking at thrift stores for styles you like that are cheap enough for you to try and see if they fit your lifestyle. And, if you are interested, I have a series of videos on YouTube on starting to Build a Vintage Wardrobe :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hey, sugar, I'd love to hear from you! If, for some odd reason, this won't let you comment, please send me a message at mssamwearsdresses@gmail.com. Thanks a ton!

Popular Posts