Vintage look- 1950's Raspberry Rhinestone Sweater Set

I know I have mentioned before that it is always good to look for clothing out of season. What does this mean? It means that just because it is summer, don't neglect to look for sweaters and coats, and vice versa. Many people purge their closets at each change of season, and a lot of it finds its way to thrift shops. And you will often find good prices on clothing that sellers don't want to keep until the weather conditions are right again.
I got this gorgeous raspberry pink sweater set last spring, after the weather had begun to warm. I took these pictures in March (see the St Patty decor lurking about?) because I couldn't wait to play dress-up in it! The seller was an absolute sweetheart! Do you remember the lovely lavender crosstitched dress that I wore this summer? See HERE. It was also from her shop. This sweet lady sells on eBay under the name lvig3420. Check out her items, and ask questions if you have any. She is a joy to work with. And have a look at the great scarf-wrap turbans she makes! Some day I am going to have the confidence to wear one of those ;)
Here is the hard part about buying out of season- waiting to wear your fabulous item!!! But if you can put it away and try to forget about it, there is the excitement of having something brand new to wear when the time comes around. (Is it just me, or is there an odd angle to the camera that makes me look 10 feet tall, with feet the size of a lumber jack? Either that, or somehow my feet look closer than the rest of my body?? Weird...well, anyhoo.)
This sweater set is in such a great color, and the sparkling row of hot pink rhinestone buttons are the icing on the proverbial cake. This is a lot brighter color than I usually would wear, and certainly more of it...but really isn't it just lovey? (happy sigh)
For some reason it gives me Zsa Zsa Gabor vibes, even though she would have probably paired it with leopard print shoes and handbag. And all those rhinestones make me want to call everyone "dah-ling", just the way that she did. Whatever silly feeling it conjures up, I am happy to be the present owner of such a happy little sweater set. I'd say it was worth the wait :)

Comments

  1. Very pretty dress, you look fabulous.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love winter clothes & this set looks beautiful on you dah-ling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great color for you! And it's a becoming style. The rhinestones do give it a certain elegance - go ahead with the "dah-lings" :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, sugar! Or should I say- dah-ling? hehe

      Delete
  4. I hope you and your family are all well, Ms Sam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, sweetie! Yes, we are all well and looking forward to Christmas and all the holiday time together. I haven't posted lately because so much has been going on. I intend to remedy that this week! Thank you again for your kind thoughts; I hope the same for you and your loved ones, and may your Christmas be blessed!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hey, sugar, I'd love to hear from you! If, for some odd reason, this won't let you comment, please send me a message at mssamwearsdresses@gmail.com. Thanks a ton!

Popular Posts