Monday's Mary Oliver- The gift

(hmmm... turns out Monday was my middle "baby's" 22nd birthday. I had party plans on my mind instead of poetry. But the wind is blowing and the garden is calling and now I am thinking of poetry...)

The Gift
 by Mary Oliver


Be still, my soul, and steadfast.
Earth and heaven both are still watching
though time is draining from the clock
and your walk, that was confident and quick,
has become slow.

So, be slow if you must, but let
the heart still play its true part.
Love still as once you loved, deeply
and without patience. Let God and the world
know you are grateful.That the gift has been given.

Comments

Post a Comment

Hey, sugar, I'd love to hear from you! If, for some odd reason, this won't let you comment, please send me a message at mssamwearsdresses@gmail.com. Thanks a ton!

Popular Posts