For You- a love letter

 

What happened to the post about the trip out west, you ask? Well, I'll be happy to answer! Blogger has changed the whole program and I am not liking it one bit, that's what has happened! I uploaded 50 photos of our trip- do you know how long that takes me?? (silently weeping into my sweater) And when they came up they were all scrambled. No order whatsoever. And when I tried to shift and shuffle them, they disappeared, scrambled, even ate each other like cannibals! Yes, I am panting in rage all over again and have very sweaty palms on the keyboard. Needless to say, if this is the way thing are going to work now, I will be lucky to get a trio of photos on a post. (That said between gritted teeth) I did think when I came back to this, that it would somehow be better and I would feel differently. But no. So let's talk about something different. Something peaceful and happy...

Do you remember my beautiful desk in my lovely parlor? (There, I am feeling better already.) I have been using it almost daily. I have been very ashamed and sad that I had fallen out of the habit of letter writing. Luckily, I started back in the heat of the summer. And perfect timing to get the old juices flowing, because now my oldest boy is in the Army, and he is a very good letter writer. It has been a joy to send and receive letters from him! 

And now about the video. It actually started out as simple photos. I had this exquisite little eyelet nightgown and robe that I adored, but knew I would never wear. So I decided to sell the pair. But first I was going to take some photos in it and try to get an old-fashioned, almost ghostly look. As I was sitting at the desk pretending to write, I thought, "Wouldn't it be nice to actually write a letter to anyone who would see these pictures? Like a love letter to the world." And that was what I did. But, as I said, my son who usually does the heavy lifting (technologically speaking) was gone. And so, Dear Reader, I taught myself how to cut, splice, add photos, and even music! ALL BY MYSELF!! Yes, I am grinning like  lunatic and giving myself a pretend bouquet of flowers. Really, you have no idea how out of my league I am in doing this. But it was actually fun! It is very rough and amateurish, but I can't believe it even worked. It's also too long and not exciting (perhaps I should add a car chase or explosion next time...) but I do hope you stay for the end, even if you have to fast-forward to get there. My sentiments are completely heart-felt. 

And hey, sugar, it's good to be back :)

Comments

  1. It is so lovely that you are back in this space. Your blog is a source of old fashioned delight to me in the thick of raising a family. I always smile when I see a new post from you pop up, I know for certain it will be filled with beauty and encouragement. Corinna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, honey, you don't know how this encourages me! I am so delighted that you are happy to see something from me, that just makes my heart sing! Thank you for taking the time to watch, and most especially for letting me know that you care. I hope your day is a lovely one!

      Delete
  2. Oh how frustrating about blogger! I would never have the patience to deal with it all.

    I love the video. It reminds me of the simple life videos that are popular on Youtube & Instagram now....have you seen them? fairyland cottage is one & there's an Asian one where they don't talk at all. But their videos are so long & I don't have time really to watch someone else clean, cook or enjoy nature. Ha! I'd rather do it myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sweet friend! I felt like it was a little on the long side at just 5 minutes, but I haven't figured out how to make cuts to the middle of videos yet. Baby steps, ha! I am frustrated with the new program, the other was so simple to use. I've always had a hard time uploading my photos, but this is ridiculous. Which may just mean I need to do smaller bits instead of my usual snooze fests ;). Thanks so much for watching, sweetie!

      Delete
  3. Loved it...it was very old world. The end was perfect and yes, I watched it all the way through!!! Love you, moma

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey, sugar, I'd love to hear from you! If, for some odd reason, this won't let you comment, please send me a message at mssamwearsdresses@gmail.com. Thanks a ton!

Popular Posts