Vintage Summer Hats Video

 Hello again, Dear Reader! I have been experimenting. I know, a pretty terrifying thought! I have made several videos that I have given you links to: ones on making a Vintage Wardrobe, as well as baking tutorials, etc. But I have always had to have my son upload them and edit. I am trying very hard to teach this old dog new tricks. And by that, I mean that I am attempting to do the videos myself (cue the wince and grimace). I put up one of flower beds that I think will be removed soon. It was my first attempt to video with my cell phone. I know people who do it wonderfully, but I think their phone cost more than $50. But try, try again! I filmed a video of my unpacking my box of vintage summer hats for the season. It was kind of fun, and I thought I would stick the link on here so you could go look if you wanted to. I am just as corny as ever, but I really do have some lovely, swoon-worthy hats that you could enjoy. Let's pretend we are playing dress-up, shall we? Link below...
 Unpacking My Vintage Hats
Tell me what you think, but remember to be kind ;)




Comments

  1. You did a fabulous job!!! And AAAAHHH - a fellow hat lover :0) They are gorgeous!!! Okay, so not exactly a grammatically correct run of words there buuut, ummm, weeellll - heehee. Also, off the subject, but love the "sleeves" on the dress you're wearing in the video, so feminine and pretty for summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe! I write the way I think and talk, and I am certain my old English teacher would no longer be as proud of me ;). Hats are just a delight, aren't they? Whether you wear them or just admire them! And surprise, but the dress is new (gasp!). I love to go in TJMax. But I never look at the clothes, because I can't stand the styles. I make a bee-line straight for the kitchen section and look at pots, specialty foods, and pretty napkins and such. On my bi-annual trip last year I was walking out when I spied this dress. She was hanging there looking so out of place! Her styling is so like a 1930's gown that I have had people mistake her for vintage. So thank you for noticing her fluttery sleeves- she'll be very proud she has another admirer!

      Delete
  2. My favorite part is your voice....I love hearing you talk! I am sorry to say I couldn't watch it all though. Do you have your phone on a tripod? Don't laugh but I have to take Dramamine when I go see a movie in the theaters...I get so motion sick. I cannot watch home movies at all. So there was just enough vibration in the video that I couldn't watch...so sad. I did peek often because I wanted to see your hats!

    So, letting you know what I think. I hope you don't give up on trying to figure it all out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you are so sweet! When I (or the boys) watch me, we just laugh. It's good I find myself amusing or it could be tragic ;). I get terrible motion sickness and vertigo, but not to that extent- how dreadful!! I am sorry about the camera shake. The weird thing is that the phone was on a tripod, just like a camera. And it was too far away to feel vibrations...I think it is that I have a cheap phone and it was just trying to do it's best! But I'm so glad you got some peeks in :)

      Delete
  3. Oh yay! Google finally corrected itself and I can post comments again :)

    I will go back and watch the video, but I just had to comment on much I *love* the straw hats with daisies! They are my favorite flower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, silly computers!! I'm so glad you can comment again. And thank you, that hat is fun isn't it? :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hey, sugar, I'd love to hear from you! If, for some odd reason, this won't let you comment, please send me a message at mssamwearsdresses@gmail.com. Thanks a ton!

Popular Posts